London, UK; Industrial Placement - Client Service Team Assistant / Office Services Administrator (2018/19)
Interested in food & drink brands and what makes them successful? Our industrial placement opportunity for undergraduates offers valuable experience and insight into the market research industry.
As a leading international research agency specialising in consumer and sensory market research, it’s our job to breathe life into products created by some of the world’s leading blue-chip companies in food, drink and other FMCG and retail sectors. With a head office based in Wallingford, Oxfordshire, (between cultural Oxford and lively Reading) and a small team based in central London, as well as offices globally in New York, Shanghai, Mumbai, Durban and Singapore, we offer exciting opportunities for inquisitive, analytical and creative individuals. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an industrial placement student to work within our central London team starting in June 2018 for 12 months.
The role of Client Service Team Assistant / Office Services Administrator is based in our London office and you will get the opportunity to work across a number of well-known international food and drink brands by providing administrative support to a client service team as they design and deliver market research projects. Duties will include:
- Assisting with project set up such as; the preparation of stimulus and associated paperwork, checking product samples and liaising with internal departments to ensure deadlines are met.
- Creating PowerPoint presentations & Word documents.
- Checking data using Excel & PowerPoint.
- Maintenance of on-going client databases.
- Other general administrative duties to give your team comprehensive logistical support.
- Organising equipment for new joiners
- Booking meeting rooms / ordering stationary
- Main point of contact relating to general enquiries for the London office
- Full training across every level of the Market Research process
- Sponsorship to study for the MRS Advanced Certificate in Market & Social Research qualification (optional).
- Potentially secure a permanent job on completion of your course
- You must be an undergraduate seeking an industrial placement (ideally in a Social Science or Food Science related degree, however we are happy to consider other degree disciplines).
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Team-working ability
- Strong communication skills
- Confident in using Excel & PowerPoint.
Please watch our careers video here to get an insight into working for MMR.
If you would like to join the team and be based in a vibrant, central London location, please apply here by creating an account and applying via our online recruitment portal with your CV and covering letter.
MMR is an Equal Opportunities Employer.