Wallingford, UK; 1st Line IT Support Engineer
MMR Research Worldwide is a leading market research agency specialising in consumer and sensory research working with over 50% of the top 100 global food and drink companies. Due to continued expansion, we are currently recruiting for a 1st Line IT Support Engineer to join our busy technical team based in our head office in Wallingford, Oxfordshire to help the team to continue providing fully featured IT services to users across the world.
On daily basis, the team can deal with a lot of different requests, ranging from desktop support queries through to infrastructure project planning and implementation. As the 1st Line IT Support Engineer, you will be taking ownership of user support queries, prioritising and resolving them in accordance with agreed SLA’s. You will be troubleshooting issues primarily through our remote system, visiting site when necessary for onsite support and project work. You will be the first point of contact for any IT related queries, prioritising and escalating tasks through the team as necessary.
In addition to this you will be involved in project planning and implementation. As a team, everyone has the chance to offer ideas and support for all our new technology projects. We are continually updating and improving our Infrastructure and support services.
- 1st Line support experience – Prioritising issues and working to SLA’s.
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems 7 and 10.
- Strong Understanding of Computer Hardware & Components.
- Previous experience working in a Windows Active Directory environment.
- Understanding of Computer Networks (LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi, DHCP and DNS).
- Some Exposure to desktop imaging technologies (WDS, MDT).
- Previous experience working with Office 365.
- An Understanding of Firewalls.
- Any experience with Windows Server 2008/2012 and 2016.
- Exposure to Virtualised server environment.
- Knowledge of Cisco Switches & Meraki Access Points.
- Working to deadlines & time management skills.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a can-do attitude to any task. We work in a business that invests a lot into its staff and it expects the same in return. We are looking for a strong team player, with a proven track record of support in a windows environment. Candidates should have the ability to prioritise tasks and plan their own day to ensure jobs are completed to a high standard.
f you have previous experience as a 1st line support engineer and are looking for a diverse and exciting role, please apply here via our online portal by creating an account and uploading your CV and covering letter. We are open to considering applicants on both a temporary to permanent or a permanent basis.
MMR Ltd. is an Equal Opportunities Employer.